Lead Data Scientist
Where will we be in 12 months:
We will be a team consisting of 50+ of the highest achievers across technology, product, design and financial services - hellbent on creating the most customer centric insurance products in the world. These products will save our in-need customer's tonnes of money - as we expect to be 10* more efficient than incumbents due to bots and automation. You can expect to work in a team that delivers products, features and improvements continuously and with urgency. Our long-term advantage will help us expand to other European countries helping us serve millions of people.
We're building a smart, digital insurer of the future to help us achieve our mission of helping everyone have equal access to fair financial products. We're a small team backed by investors who have backed Spotify, Monzo, Adyen and others. Following our successful launch earlier this year we are now scaling - FAST.
To build an insurer that can compete with huge multi-billion dollar monsters such as Axa, Allianz, and Direct Line we need to use data to have the best pricing and fraud solutions in the market 💪. You'd be joining a team that have worked at billion dollar fintechs such as Transferwise & Monzo, and large insurers such as Admiral and Zurich.
The primary responsibility of this role is to bring our product and ideas to life through a customer-centric, clean and delightful interface. Everything you do will be customer centric and you'll be a key ingredient in helping us become a smarter insurer.
What you will be doing...
- Using millions of data points to help us predict pricing changes
- Building anomaly detection models to determine fraudulent activity, unexpected trends in data, etc.
- Help provide insight into existing priorities and to surface new opportunities
- Ensure all data analytics and designs are communicated in a business related manner, ensuring a constant link between how data inputs and outputs affect business strategy and outcomes
- Collaborating with product owners, engineers and data scientists to improve data infrastructure and contribute to a seamless research platform
You should apply if you're...
- A Master's degree or Ph.D. graduate in mathematics, physical sciences, engineering, or other technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience building predictive models
- Experience using big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and cloud computing (AWS preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of physics, linear algebra, probability/statistics
We will be even more loved if you have...
- Worked in a startup before
- Have insurance experience
- Competitive salary
- 0.33-0.66% equity ownership of Marshmallow
- Free kindle with unlimited books 📚
- Central London office
- Our process consists of a phone interview, a task and a few hours onsite. We will endeavour to be communicative and transparent throughout :)