We're building a smart, digital insurer of the future to help us achieve our mission of helping everyone have equal access to fair financial products. We're a small team backed by investors who have backed Spotify, Monzo, Adyen and others. Following our successful launch earlier this year we are now scaling - FAST.
To build an insurer that can compete with huge multi-billion dollar monsters such as Axa, Allianz, and Direct Line we need customer centric, and awesome customer operations 💪. You'd be joining a team that have worked at billion dollar fintechs such as Transferwise & Monzo, and large insurers such as Zurich.
What you will be doing...
- Collaborating closely with the product team to build customer centric solutions to big problems
- Building scalable, efficient, fault tolerant microservices
- Working on predominantly greenfield projects
- Be involved in a lot of wider discussions and architectural decisions.
Our technology stack
- Java 12 with Spring Boot
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Protobuf & JSON
- Continuous Delivery using technologies such as Docker and Fargate/Kubernetes
- Event Sourcing
- Our process consists of a phone interview, a coding test and a few hours onsite. We will endeavour to be communicative and transparent throughout :)
- Experience with core Java 8+
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (Spring preferred)
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- A good understanding of test-driven development (TDD) with the desire to write tests
- Experience working with continuous delivery.
You will be even more loved if you have...
- Experience living in a foreign country
- Worked in a startup before
- Often read customer centric books/blogs
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- Health Insurance 🏥
- Working from home 🏠
- Monthly Socials 🎉
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴♂️
- Unlimited books 📚
- Equipment 💻
- Weekly knowledge sharing presentations 💡
- Friday all-hands with snacks 🎥
- Learning and training supported ✍️
- Fruit, snacks and soft drinks in the office 🍓