Front-end Engineer (ReactJS)
Where will we be in 12 months:
We will be a team consisting of 50+ of the highest achievers across technology, product, design and financial services - hellbent on creating the most customer centric insurance products in the world. These products will save our in-need customer's tonnes of money - as we expect to be 10* more efficient than incumbents due to bots and automation. You can expect to work in a team that delivers products, features and improvements continuously and with urgency. Our long-term advantage will help us expand to other European countries helping us serve millions of people.
We're building a smart, digital insurer of the future to help us achieve our mission of helping everyone have equal access to fair financial products. We're a small team backed by investors who have backed Spotify, Monzo, Adyen and others. Following our successful launch earlier this year we are now scaling - FAST.
To build an insurer that can compete with huge multi-billion dollar monsters such as Axa, Allianz, and Direct Line we need customer centric, and awesome customer operations 💪. You'd be joining a team that have worked at billion dollar fintechs such as Transferwise & Monzo, and large insurers such as Admiral and Zurich.
The primary responsibility of this role is to bring our product and ideas to life through a customer-centric, clean and delightful interface. Everything you do will be customer centric and you'll be a key ingredient in helping us become a smarter insurer.
What you will be doing 🤔...
- Collaborating closely with product designers with a focus on new feature design and prototyping
- Working closely with designers and the team to define and implement elegant solutions to interesting problems
- Working on predominantly greenfield projects
- Helping define and maintain visual guidelines and ensure consistency throughout the website
- Fast prototyping of new user interactions and iteration based on feedback from peers
- Be involved in a lot of wider discussions and decisions.
Our technology stack
- ReactJS components
- Redux to manage the state
- HTML5 + CSS3
- Java 8.
You should apply if you're...
- Have proven experience building apps using ReactJS
- You're with Redux.
- You deliver quality markup using HTML5 + CSS3
- You have experience with automated testing
- Have experience or want to learn additional languages.
We will get bonus points if you...
- Have experience living in a foreign country
- Have Worked in a startup before
- Often read customer centric books/blogs such as the Hook Cycle & Great customer service - Delivering Happiness
- Have experience with build tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, bower, npm.
- Competitive salary
- 0.1-0.4% equity ownership of Marshmallow
- Free kindle with unlimited books 📚
- Central London office
- Opportunity for HUGE growth and responsibility
- Our process consists of a phone interview, a coding test and a few hours onsite. We will endeavour to be communicative and transparent throughout :)