Full Stack Engineer
We're building a digital insurer of the future. We use the latest technology, AI, and data integrations to aim towards the mission of helping everyone have equal access to fair financial products. We believe using technology insurance can be better.
We're a team of 25 backed by investors who have backed the likes of Spotify, Monzo, Adyen and others - and are looking to scale to 50-60 people over the next 12 months.
You will be joining in an integral position within a team that have experience working at startups such as Transferwise, Monzo, Intercom, Just Giving and Yoti.
What you will be doing...
- Collaborating closely with the product team to build customer centric solutions to big problems
- Building scalable, efficient, fault tolerant microservices
- Working on predominantly greenfield projects
- Be involved in a lot of wider discussions and architectural decisions.
You should apply if...
- You have Java and React experience
- The work we’re doing sounds exciting!
- You want to change the face of insurance
- You support global movement
- You are comfortable in cross-functional teams and being customer centric
Our technology stack
- Java 12 with Spring Boot
- React w/ Typescript
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Protobuf & JSON
- Continuous Delivery using technologies such as Docker and Fargate/Kubernetes
- Event Sourcing
- Our process consists of a phone interview, a coding test and a few hours onsite. We will endeavour to be communicative and transparent throughout :)
- Experience with core Java 8+
- Experience with MVC Frameworks (Spring preferred)
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- A good understanding of test-driven development (TDD) with the desire to write tests
- Experience working with continuous delivery.
You will be even more loved if you have...
- Experience living in a foreign country
- Worked in a startup before
- Often read customer centric books/blogs
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- Health Insurance 🏥
- Working from home 🏠
- Monthly Socials 🎉
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴♂️
- Unlimited books 📚
- Equipment 💻
- Weekly knowledge sharing presentations 💡
- Friday all-hands with snacks 🎥
- Learning and training supported ✍️
- Fruit, snacks and soft drinks in the office 🍓