Senior Backend Engineer
We are looking for product-focused and smart engineers who are curious self-starters. We work in distinct cross-functional teams that focus on things such as predicting and preventing financial fraud, providing fully-automating portals for our customers and staff, and support the deployment of a system that processes more than 180,000 quotes per day.
You would be joining as we are scaling from a team of 20-30 to a team of over 100, with the opportunity to do work that really impacts.
We take engineering practices extremely seriously, with nothing being more important than giving our engineers the ability to deploy important features to our customers. You can read more from one of our engineers here.
We're building a global, digital insurer of the future.
We're a highly driven team with experience from the likes of Transferwise, Monzo, and Intercom - and are backed by VCs who have backed Spotify, Monzo, Adyen and others.
You will be joining a team that have worked at billion dollar fintechs such as Transferwise & Monzo, working in cross-functional teams that span product, engineering, data science, marketing and commercial people.
What you will be doing...
- Collaborating closely with the product team to build customer centric solutions to big problems
- Building scalable, efficient, fault tolerant microservices
- Working on predominantly greenfield projects
- Be involved in a lot of wider discussions and architectural decisions.
Our technology stack
- Java 12 with Spring Boot
- MySQL, DynamoDB
- Protobuf & JSON
- Continuous Delivery using technologies such as Docker and Fargate/Kubernetes
- Event Sourcing
- Our process consists of a phone interview, a coding test and a few hours onsite. We will endeavour to be communicative and transparent throughout :)
- 6+ years experience ideally at a high growth startup
- Focus on the customer and good product thinking
- Experience with core Java 8+ and with MVC Frameworks (Spring preferred)
- Experience working with SQL databases, writing custom queries and designing schemas
- A good understanding of test-driven development (TDD) with the desire to write tests
- Experience working with continuous delivery.
You will be even more loved if you have...
- Experience living in a foreign country
- Often read customer centric books/blogs
- Competitive salary 💵
- Stock options 👩👩👦👦
- Health Insurance 🏥
- Working from home 🏠
- Monthly Socials 🎉
- 33 day holiday allowance (inc bank holidays) 🏖️
- Pension 👵🏽
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴♂️
- Unlimited books 📚
- Equipment 💻
- Weekly knowledge sharing presentations 💡
- Friday all-hands with snacks 🎥
- Learning and training supported ✍️
- Fruit, snacks and soft drinks in the office 🍓